Author Topic: new to Pilgrim  (Read 2054 times)

Ally Walker

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
new to Pilgrim
« on: March 27, 2018, 09:45:59 PM »
Hi, I had just finished building my man shed when with the intention of building a car from scratch.  A chance meeting with my neighbour's friend went something like.  "Yeah i have a Kit Car i pushed into my garage 10 years ago and haven't even opened the door if you want to buy it.  What make is it?  I don't know looks like an old MG".  Anyway I now have a shed with a 1981 Mk 2 Pilgrim Bulldog ,I assume based on a 1300 marina.  I have just ordered a Haynes manual on flee bay.  I intend to strip it back to chassis for complete rebuild. Chassis isn't bad (surface rust), but running gear and engine are quite tatty.  I have registered on the site but all attachments are coming up error 404 file not found.  Is there a problem with the site or my profile or am i being stupid? :P  I am looking a copy of the build manual but cannot download the Standing order form to register fully if somebody can help?  I am in Northern Ireland so probably just an online member. 
Thanks Ally

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
Re: new to Pilgrim
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:26:37 AM »
Hi Ally and welcome to the site.
You have certainly taken on something now - I do hope that you have read up on all of the regulations you need to comply with in order to register a 'new' kit car? I have to assume that the regulations are the same where you live, for example you will need to comply with the IVA regulations and have it tested at an IVA testing centre - a quick search on the internet will take you to the government site, and I suggest you read through the regulations several times until you understand them!
I will send you a copy of the standing order form and membership application form - it may be that the recent website move to new hosting has affected the download. I will have a look (as an administrator) but I suspect I will have to leave it to the webmaster.
I have a Mk2 Bulldog and I can assure you when you finish the job and get it on the road you will not be disappointed.
Best of luck,
Ian   
Ian Streatfield, SE London and N Kent Area Rep.
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 10:35:28 AM »
Hi again - I have had a look and I think you should now be able to download the standing order form.

Also, if you would like to contact me offline I will send you a CD copy of the build manual. You will also need a Haynes or similar workshop manual for the donor vehicle - you will probably be able to pick one up quite cheaply on eBay.

I will also have a hunt for a a current membership application for for the Pilgrim Car Club for you.

Ian
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

pccthebreed

• Global Moderator
  • Breeder
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 12:09:33 AM »
Of course if it was previously registered then you shouldn't have to worry about the IVA but in my previous life Mr Streatfield was considered second only to God. His knowledge and willingness to help with info and advice will see you right. I had a MK11 and a MKIII and enjoyed them immensely you are in good company.
Keith Barnes

John

• Teddiwares
  • Administrator
  • Veteran
  • Pilgrim Big Head
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 03:27:39 PM »
Hi Ally,

I trust you got my personal E-mail. Great to see you here, and it must be said, I agree with Keith, you have immediately got in touch with the right person for Bulldogs.

Do let us know about the whole registration issue? If you have to get the car through an IVA it is not going to be a simple case of bolting it together. The bulldog kit was created before IVA, and a few changes need to be made. It's not that hard, but if you get it right from the start, you could save yourself quite a bit of time and money.

Great Car. Lots of fun. I hope you enjoy it.

John
Club Membership Secretary
Enough Pilgrim to last a lifetime.

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 10:53:17 AM »
Just heard from Ally - he has a valid registration doc so it's just a case of MOT. Phew!
CD build manuals on the way.