Author Topic: 3000 windscreen  (Read 3979 times)

Hansyb

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
Re: 3000 windscreen
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 05:12:44 PM »
Hi Simon, I havent got a screen yet! The build has slowed of late! I was considering going for the IVA without a screen and sorting later. I have just got my exhaust sorted and got the engine running. Can anyone give me information on the right size wheels. I was thinking of Minilites, do you know the offset?

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 05:21:10 PM »
I have  minilites On I think they were 23 or 25mm 15" dia
Nigel Barnicle Midlands Area rep,
Midlands meeting, Please contact me and we can arrange something.

Hansyb

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 10:55:39 PM »
Thank you for the reply, did you get them from Pilgrim, or direct from Minilite?

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 10:17:44 PM »
Direct from minlight
Nigel Barnicle Midlands Area rep,
Midlands meeting, Please contact me and we can arrange something.

simon3000

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 09:06:31 PM »
Midland wheels (mws) do a good range at sensible prices.I have used them in the past ad had no problems,they often have deals at the shows

simon3000

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 09:20:25 PM »
'RE the screen,they were manufactured by FAX windscreens.unfortunately I am informed that they ceased trading ages ago,it's anybody's guess what happened to the patterns.
 AH spares should have details on genuine Healy screens and frames.one for a 100/6 might be a match.if all else fails pilkingtons will be able to help as there are no pilgrim ones left.you need them E marked anyway for iva and the pilgrim ones aren't.I do have a cracked one though if you need a pattern.
 As the kit was designed to have a screen you may run into issues at iva if you leave it off

jon3000

• Veteran
  • Pilgrim 3000 Owner /Builder
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 10:26:58 PM »
I thought I should resurrect this old post, incase the original poster ever checks back.

I wonder if you have found a windscreen? I wanted to pass on what I discovered when I looked into this topic a little. I spent some time looking at the Healey 100/3000 images to understand the windscreen/and softtop/hardtop.

I was surprised when you/AH Spares mention the BN1 screen. My 3000 screen looks much more like the BN7 screen in its construction.

When I was putting the softtop/hood on my car on my car I bought a part from AH spares (AH191) which was a finisher turns out, I did not need it, but I learned several things, mostly I learned it was perfect match to the length and curvature of the top of my 3000 screen. So it confirmed  my  expectation that the screen is similar to BN7.

Also when I fitted my screen I initially had several inches of gap ( perhaps up to 3 )at the centre of the windscreen and I had cut a plywood support/former from the under scuttle, pushing in the sides in a little and create a new support which brought the body up to meet the windscreen. You may find that the body structure might need similar "adjustment"

Given my experiences I would strongly suggest you look to a BN7 screen as the starting point. I can't guarantee it will fit but I would bet money that it could be made to fit!

Also apart from AH spares you can also look at Moss. It looks like the frames and pillars will be expensive and hard to find, the cheap option would be Aero screens going for the 100S style car. With the bumper delete this would save you a fortune on the chrome

Regards Jon
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 10:28:58 PM by jon3000 »