Author Topic: New (Old) build  (Read 3775 times)

ludsonline

• Full Club Member
  • Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Bulldog Mk4 Owner
New (Old) build
« on: September 13, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »
Hi,
    I've just purchased a formerly built now unbuilt Bulldog chassis & body. The car is a Mk4 the shell is used but the chassis is brand new. I have also bought a 1.8 Mazda MX5 to use as a donor, I plan on using as much of the Mazda as possible to make the build easier/quicker. Ian & Tom have sorted me some of the missing bits. Car was painted white but has been rubbed down to the gelcoat again.

Will update as progress is made

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:30:17 PM by ludsonline »

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
Re: New (Old) build
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »
Keep in touch Paul - if you can prove that the body/chassis unit as part of a complete car was on the road at some point then you will be able to reincarnate the original registration. If you cannot, then it really is a shame that you have to go through the same process all over again.
Good luck either way!
Ian Streatfield,
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

ludsonline

• Full Club Member
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 12:31:48 PM »
Few more

ludsonline

• Full Club Member
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 12:34:27 PM »
Hi Ian

I can't find any chassis/reg details for the car at the moment, I don't even know who originally built it.

I might try messaging the guy I bought it off to see if he can remember who he bought it off. You never know..