Author Topic: new hood  (Read 8655 times)

alex1234

new hood
« on: February 28, 2011, 05:57:53 PM »
hi ,i am after a new hood for my pilgrim can any body give me a company i can contact
regards  alex1234.

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
Re: new hood
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:37:13 PM »
The original equipment manufacturer for the pilgrim hoods is http://www.polyfacto.co.uk/
Ian Streatfield, SE London and N Kent Area Rep.
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

alex1234

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 07:36:32 PM »
thanks istreatf, is there any difference between the cars ie will one size fit all ?
regards alerx1234

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 07:52:01 PM »
Yes there is a difference in sizes, and Polyfacto (or rather their recent new buyers) have all of the patterns.
It would be worth talking to them to make sure that you get what you want, for example they will probably need your old sidescreens to remake. When I bought my last hood several years ago I wanted a Duck or Double Duck hood, but after talking to them they made me one in Mohair which suited my needs best. They are experts after all.
Make sure when you get your new hood that you "Fit" it, and not just put it on. There is a fair amount of work involved in getting it right.
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

alex1234

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
thanks istreatf just e-mailed polyfacto now monsoon auto ltd and they said about £600+vat ...(gasp) !!
and the car for 4 days ,can i get it any cheaper ?

Robin

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
Thnat sounds a lot - much more than when I got mine (Mk 5 Bulldog). I would check that price. Is that for a standard hood (Vinyl) or a more expensive material? For me I just took the car down so they could check the side screens. They may have taken 4 days to make it but the car was only there for a few hours, just long enough for a short bus ride to get a cup coffee and back.

Robin
Robin

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »
OUCH - Sounds like a "fitted" price to me - if they want the car for 4 days. I have bought 2 new hoods over the years from them and they just sent them by courier/post to me. I would check if they do still have the pattern because if they do not it means that they have to make a hood from scratch. Have you tried any of your local car upholsterers if you want to get a better price? That is what anybody else would have to do without a pattern. Any decent upholsterer will be able to make a new hood for you using the old hood as a pattern. Don't forget it is a skilled job, and all hand made.

alex1234

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 09:21:33 AM »
just been on to monsoon auto ltd bulldog hoods are now £120.96+vat also
sidescreens are £118.44+vat

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 07:08:27 PM »
That's more like it!

jose maria

• Pilgrim
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 05:26:44 PM »
The email of Polyfacto is info@polyfacto.co.uk but no answer.
 The price of Auto Ltd £ 120.96 + VAT bulldog also
 sidescreens are £ 118.44 + VAT Does where I can write? ¿E-mail? ¿Link?

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 09:06:54 AM »
use the link in the earlier post above
Nigel Barnicle Midlands Area rep,
Midlands meeting, Please contact me and we can arrange something.

jose maria

• Pilgrim
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 04:22:36 PM »
In http://www.polyfacto.co.uk/ not answer, no work, no person

Roger 3OOO

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
  • The BIG H
    • Wessex Kit Car Club
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
If you are trying this week it could be that there is nobody there anyway because of the time of year / holiday period and suggest you try again next week (Tuesday at the earliest); if you tried last week - I do not know - sorry & may be someone else here may have some ideas.
I'm unhappy about my carbon footprint - I want a bigger one!

jose maria

• Pilgrim
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »
Thanks for your help and happy new year
 Greetings from Spain

imp124

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
i also sent an email to polyfacto in October when i bought my car from the previous owner as they had some hood samples sent. i have also not had a reply yo date

Steve