Author Topic: Wanted: 3000 Manual  (Read 8313 times)

Roger 3OOO

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
  • The BIG H
    • Wessex Kit Car Club
Wanted: 3000 Manual
« on: May 20, 2008, 09:08:15 AM »
I am currently attempting the build of a 3000 with what may be described as 'limited information' in that the manual as supplied is somewhat deficient in quality & content with black photos and missing chapters.  This may very well be the norm but I just wondered if anyone has a more complete & clearer edition than mine, which appears to be third or fourth (or ...?) generation photocopy.

I'm not entirely hopeful of a rush of immediate responses but I suppose I can be optimistic!

Roger
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:25:43 AM by Roger 3OOO »
I'm unhappy about my carbon footprint - I want a bigger one!

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
Re: Wanted: 3000 Manual
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:03:37 PM »
Can't help with a 3000 manual, but if you do locate one I would like to scan it and hold it for anyone else who needs it. I currently have a Bulldog Mk2 manual scanned, and a copy on CD is available for anyone who wants one, if they send me a Stamped, self addressed envelope big enough for a CD. My address is in the Breed.
Ian Streatfield,
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

Roger 3OOO

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
  • The BIG H
    • Wessex Kit Car Club
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 08:08:04 PM »
I could sort out a scan of the (so-called) Construction Manual that I do have if you think that may be of some use (in case anyone else needs one & can't acquire it from elsewhere) and then await the filling to all the gaps. 

It doesn't say it has any copyright restrictions & has an introduction by D Tanner Esq - probably all written by him.

Roger
I'm unhappy about my carbon footprint - I want a bigger one!

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »
I think that in the absense of any other offers of manuals from other members a scan would be a good idea Roger. I have just "archived" a Mk4 Bulldog scan of a manual that I received from another club member, so at least I have more than one now! I am sure that I have a Mk1 Bulldog manual as well somewhere that I can add to the collection. I know that the manual is precious to you Roger so anytime you can scan it and let me have a CD would be good - maybe at the next show we both get to!
Ian Streatfield,
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 11:06:20 AM »
I have found my Haldane 100 manual if you would like to scan that it may be useful to some one I will get it in the post if that is ok with you Ian, Nigel
Nigel Barnicle Midlands Area rep,
Midlands meeting, Please contact me and we can arrange something.

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:27:11 AM »
That would be great - thanks Nigel
Ian Streatfield,

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 07:51:08 PM »
have put said manual in the post today, so you should get it soon.

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 11:29:25 AM »
Thanks Nigel - received it this morning. Is it OK if I number the pages? I'll do them in pencil just to keep a track of the scanning! I will let you have it back once it is done, with a CD.

Roger - I will let you have a copy of the manual on CD if you could send me an email with your address.

I have been promised a Mk3 Bulldog Manual now from Neil Lewis, so once I have that the Bulldog set will be complete.

I am still looking for any other (non-current production) Pilgrim build manuals ie Pilgrim Eagle RV, Pilgrim Martini, Pilgrim FT, and any others that anyone can think of (did they ever sell any of the Lancia Stratos rally car replica?).

Ian Streatfield,

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »
No Probs with the numbers. Hopefully you will be able to get a good amount of old manuals for others to use.  :D

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 11:38:56 PM »
Ian I have been asked for the SVA form that was issued to me when the car went through the test,  I have sent one to you can we get this on the web as well, thanks for your help

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 09:32:14 AM »
Unfortunately the MkIII manual promised turned out to be a MkII build manual. As is many cases I have heard of, the build manuals were not in existance for new models when built - I had a MkI manual for my MkII, and I understand that the Hawthorn builders had a MkII manual supplied, so it makes some sort of sense that a MkII manual was supplied for Neil's MkIII.
So, does anyone have a MkII build manual?
Ian Streatfield,

pccthebreed

• Global Moderator
  • Breeder
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 05:25:17 PM »
Do you know I think I might. I'll check it out and let you know.
Keith Barnes