Author Topic: Pictures of my Haldane Mk2  (Read 5856 times)

neilh53

• Full Club Member
  • Pilgrim
Pictures of my Haldane Mk2
« on: February 10, 2009, 09:36:08 AM »
Thought I would try to post a couple of pictures of my Haldane. One taken at the Knebworth Classic Car Show back in 2007.

Would love to hear from anybody with a Haldane in the Beds, Bucks and Herts area.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:04:58 PM by neilh53 »

simon3000

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
Re: Pictures of my Haldane Mk2
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »
very nice looking car.any chance of some history,i.e did you build it/how long have you owned it? what engine does it have?
detling is coming up soon will we see you there,just we wary of les he can be a bad influence where certain power tools are concerned ::)

Dixon Jones

• Administrator
  • Breeder
  • My Bulldog
    • Hemstone.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:04:31 AM »
I'm in Beds. (actually, I am just in BED) as I type.

Don't have a Haldane and my Bulldog probably isn't up to the same standard, but maybe we can get a little convoy to go to the Newmarket Sunday lunch that is being threatened?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:15:56 AM by Dixon Jones »
Follow "PilgrimDriver" of Twitter at http://twitter.com/PilgrimDriver.

jigsaw

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 08:50:35 AM »
I don't know what you mean Simon bad influence ME i made you git your finger out  ;)
   Yes your right it dose look like a nice car an old one to where has it been hiding why
   haven't we seen it at shows. come on don't be shy come and meet us i promise to
   leave my power tools at home  ;D.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:20:27 AM by jigsaw »

neilh53

• Full Club Member
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 01:51:26 PM »
Hi to you all,

Some answers to your questions.
I brought the car back in the summer of 2007. It is one of the cars built at the Haldane factory in Scotland in 1994, and the owner drove it in a Novello Charity Wine run in 1994, and then little used until it raised it head in Norfolk in 2007, were I purchased it from after posting an interest on the old Pilgrim Car Club site.
The car has the Ford DOHC engine with Ford MT75 gearbox, it also rather interestingly came with a hardtop.

I have been to a few shows in it around the Beds, Bucks and Herts area, "Classics on the Common" in Harpenden 2007 & 2008. "Classics on the Green" in Croxely Green, nr Watford 2007, and Knebworth Classic Car Show 2007.

I would like to do some kit car shows but as these are usually further afield I need to do a few jobs on the car before I would feel confident to get there and back.

If the summer does come this year I do hope to get to some of the shows.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:04:19 PM by neilh53 »

jigsaw

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »
It came with a hard top don let NIGEL near it  :D it would be good to see you at stoneleigh may be
the most haldans i have seen in one show is 4 I'm shore we could beet that now come on try :P

simon3000

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 04:41:56 PM »
hi neil.i think i remember you from the old forum.did your engine have a cracked head or somthing,its the norwich reference that i recognised.
if you are in the norwich area we are trying to start an east anglian meet,we would be glad to have you along

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 07:30:08 PM »
What do you mean don't let me near it I have seen my hard top in the garden some place it was snowed in at the weekend, as you say I have not seen the car before. if we all get to stoneleigh we could get a trophy that is for cars that have no running boards we could call it the no running board trophy
Nigel Barnicle Midlands Area rep,
Midlands meeting, Please contact me and we can arrange something.

jigsaw

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »
Yes the hard top may be in the garden but its not on the car is it :D.
   maybe we could get a new trophy the most haldans at one meeting.
  i could put it with my other trophy best replica ha ha not now its met
  Mr jigsaw still it good stuff that super glue :o.