Author Topic: Winding Up Of The Club  (Read 96 times)

pccthebreed

• Global Moderator
  • Breeder
Winding Up Of The Club
« on: October 04, 2021, 11:24:40 AM »
I would like to say how sorry I was to read that it was decided to wind up the club at the AGM. I can of course understand it as the club has struggled for many years to attract commitment from the many members. I understand the difficulties as the ownership was spread far and wide and although at one time there were a couple of area meets these were mainly attended by a few stalwarts who kept the club going. I would like to say a huge thank you to Ian Streatfield for his help during my time as Membership Secretary and Editor of The Breed magazine and to the many others that have helped keep the club running for all these years. The end of an era. Will the website be disappearing also as there will no longer be funds to support it?
Keith Barnes

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
Re: Winding Up Of The Club
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 11:44:46 AM »
Thank you for that Keith. Yes it’s a great shame but the figures just don’t add up. The website will be funded for at least the next 3 years from existing club funds, as well as subsidising several events which will be advertised on this website. The south East London and North Kent area still meet up every second Tuesday of the month, as below, and although numbers are slowly dwindling due to natural causes, enthusiasm remains and will continue to meet up as long as the 5 of us can limp, crawl, or wheel ourselves to the Crown pub.
Ian Streatfield, SE London and N Kent Area Rep.
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

jon3000

• Veteran
  • Pilgrim 3000 Owner /Builder
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 10:01:56 AM »
I was sorry to read this, but I was expecting this outcome. If I had still been around the Midlands or South I would have tried to get more involved but I am now just too far away to attend any meetups except very occasionally. It is a shame I just got my car back on the road as the club is wound up. I would like to thank those who gave advice and help on this forum, which helped me get my car back on the road after 11 years of being parked up. I would also like to thank Ian for all his work for the club, we have not chatted since about 2008/2009 when I was a regular poster for about the previous 7 years. You may recall I helped you with your LED Flasher unit.

I have had my 3000 on the road this year, using it regularly throughout the summer. It's been great, and so far, never let me down.

I hope to keep in touch hear for the foreseeable future

Regards Jon

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 10:20:51 AM »
Good to hear from you again Jon. All is not lost as the website will continue for a number of years yet. So glad that you are still enjoying your Bulldog- mine is ready for MOT after a few months SORN, in preparation for a proposed trip to France in September. I plan to get the car reliable before then with some long-ish trips. Details of the French trip will be on the website as soon as plans are made, big C allowing of course.
Just as an aside - the club pitch at Stoneleigh should still be available for as many years in the future as members survive……
Ian Streatfield, SE London and N Kent Area Rep.
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.