Author Topic: New Hood  (Read 185 times)

Wellsmark

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
New Hood
« on: July 04, 2021, 12:54:58 PM »
Hi, new to Pilgrim ownership and I have a Bulldog which is going to require sidescreens and hood. Any advice on suppliers please.  Thanks

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
Re: New Hood
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 12:07:50 PM »
Hi Wellsmark and welcome to Bulldog ownership.
If you have an old hood and side screens then these can be used for patterns to make new ones, which any, preferably local to you, car upholsterer/hood maker should be pleased to do for you. Unfortunately new ones off the shelf are no longer available- the original maker has gone out of business and vanished along with the original patterns. If you don’t have an old hood and side screens all is not lost as there are still options - borrow them from someone on this forum, or have them made from scratch which will cost a fair penny more. Which marque of Bulldog do you have? Look back on this forum for some clues! And where are you? I am in SE London and have an old hood which you could borrow for a pattern for a Mk 2.
Ian Streatfield, SE London and N Kent Area Rep.
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

Wellsmark

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 12:06:21 PM »
Hi Ian 
Thank you for the reply and apologies for my late reply. I have the old hood and side screens so thats a bonus. I am not sure on the model and perhaps you could help with that as well. I have tried to attache a pic if that helps.

Many thanks 
Mark

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 09:14:31 AM »
Looks like a Mk5 to me - one of the later models.
I don't know where you are in the world but you shouldn't find it too difficult to find a local trimmer to work on the hood for you - having an old one + sidescreens is a big bonus.
Ian Streatfield, SE London and N Kent Area Rep.
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

Wellsmark

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 06:04:02 PM »
Thanks Ian.
I am in County Durham and log book says 1994 for year of registration. There is a trimmer close by and I plan a visit soon to see if he does/can do hoods.