Author Topic: Part built car  (Read 536 times)

johnboy

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
Part built car
« on: March 18, 2021, 08:54:24 PM »
Hi, new to these cars but collected this part built a few weeks ago. Looks like it was built, possibly complete, but then somebody started to dismantle it. Looks like mostly Marina parts with an 1800 engine.
Is it still possible to get a build manual? I don't even know which version...

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
Re: Part built car
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 08:58:46 PM »
Hi it sounds like a bulldog, a chap called Ian watches this site and he has a lot of information, hopefully he will drop you a note. A photo of the car would help. Nigel
Nigel Barnicle Midlands Area rep,
Midlands meeting, Please contact me and we can arrange something.

johnboy

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 09:18:42 PM »
Got a couple of pics here but can take some better ones tomorrow.
Sorry about the shopping....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 09:25:35 PM by johnboy »

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 09:27:03 PM »
That'll be me then!
I can certainly supply a CD with a digital build manual for your Bulldog, but before you start to spend a lot of money and even more hours on the car, please tell me that the V5C you have with your car shows that it is registered as a Pilgrim Bulldog. Hopefully you know the registration number of the car, and if it starts with a "Q" then you have the go ahead to spend as much money and time on the car as you wish.
If not, then you have a problem.
If you would like to send me a private email, we can start to talk about it without repeating many old threads on this forum about the current regulations and how difficult it is to get a car not designed to meet them registered nowadays. I'm pretty certain that the Bulldog will not pass the current regulations without expensive modifications including a new, current regulation conformant engine.
If you are aware of all of this, or if you are building this just a project and you are not interested in registering it for the road, please still send me a private email with your full name and address and I will send you a CD by return.
Ian Streatfield, SE London and N Kent Area Rep.
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.

johnboy

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 10:35:47 PM »
New to the site but hope I've sent the pm.
No paperwork or registration with the car so I am expecting some problems with getting it on the road!!
If I fail then I'll enjoy the project anyway. :)

Pilgrim1750

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 12:49:48 PM »
Hi all, just joined as I have recently acquired a part built Tourer - which has also never been registered, so will be very interested in how we go about doing that.

Also, does anyone have any build info for the tourer?
Most of it is complete but the windscreen needs fitting and not sure how it is fitted when the hood needs to lip under the alloy frame.
And the door windows only seem to have 9" of travel when I need at least 12" to tuck under the hood flaps..could achieve this by not having the window go all the way down....but thats not really acceptable.

I will post some pictures later.

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 03:08:37 PM »
Hi Pilgrim1750 - I will send you a private message as I have one already set up for these occasions. I have the FT build manual which I can send you on DVD if you would reply to my message with your address.
Ian Streatfield, SE London and N Kent Area Rep.
Lunchtime meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 12:30 onwards.