Author Topic: Pilgrim Bulldog mk2 back on the road after 24 years!  (Read 1187 times)

jarmezuk

• Pilgrim
Pilgrim Bulldog mk2 back on the road after 24 years!
« on: September 02, 2019, 02:10:11 PM »
Hi All,

After many hours of painstaking work my Marina based Bulldog Mk2 is finally back on the road! The car was initially built by a Mr Vic Searson and was on the road May 1987 - I bought it Feb 1991 and replaced alot of it over the 4 years I drove it for (Goldseal 1275cc A series engine, new clutch for starters, refub'd the SU carb). The car was then mothballed until 2017 and after alot of part time tinkering, new starter motor, disc brakes, pistons for drums, refub'd fuel tank, refub'd SU fuel pump, refurb'd Brake Master Cylinder (Mk2 type with servo = rarer than rocking horse droppings!), new cutch master cylinder, new exhaust & various electrical fixes - she's back! Passed her MOT Friday just gone!

Huge thanks to a certain Mr Streatfield for plenty of advice - thanks Ian really appreciated.

Hope you all like the photos......

Thanks,

James (Surrey)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 03:50:32 PM by jarmezuk »

Delatorre

• Pilgrim
  • Pilgrim Owner
Re: Pilgrim Bulldog mk2 back on the road after 24 years!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 02:41:50 PM »
What a heartwarming story! This bad boy's place is on the road!
Hi!

jarmezuk

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 04:55:35 PM »
Thank you!

Now had SU Carb properly refurb'd for a very competitive price (su-carbs.co.uk - superb job) Accuspark Electronic ignition and a new Marina MK2 Steering rack (try finding one)

I hope (praying) thats it! I'll enjoy it for a few years then hand it over to my son

Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas!

James.

istreatf

• Administrator
  • Breeder
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 12:12:20 PM »
Lovely to see the pictures - so much like my Bulldog! It's a great tribute to Vic to get that car looking so good - congratulations, and sorry that it has been so long for me to reply to you.
I hope you enjoy the car as much as Vic did, and I do mine.
My car is SORN at the moment due to a load of family problems, and I expect to MOT the good Lady Ermintrude as early as I can this year.
Happy New Year to you James and thanks for the recognition!
Ian
Ian Streatfield, SE London and N Kent Area Rep.
Meetings on 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Crown, Shoreham High Street, Kent from 7:30 onwards.

Nigel Haldane

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 04:11:19 PM »
Well done hope to see the car out and about soon
Nigel Barnicle Midlands Area rep,
Midlands meeting, Please contact me and we can arrange something.