Author Topic: Bulldog MK 1V exhaust  (Read 3238 times)

johnt1

• Pilgrim
Bulldog MK 1V exhaust
« on: June 03, 2013, 10:28:55 AM »
Can anyone please tell me where to get an exhaust for a a bulldog MK 1V. Need to get an MOT. One on now is far too noisy Thanks. John

Tom Burton

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
  • such a nice man
Re: Bulldog MK 1V exhaust
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »
I cannot remember what the mark 4 is based on, but the same thing applies, I think in that the bulldog is shorter than the original car.
So when I brought a marina exhaust , I found I had to cut & shut it with the help of my friendly mobile welder bloke - but my exhaust has a cherry bomb and sticks out the side just in front of the rear wheel, (and is accidentally tuned to the same frequency as BMW alarms at certain revs )

So I suggest that you look for a proper exhaust place rather than quick fit (Mr Exhaust Redhill I know makes stuff up).

I know Ian Streetfield had his made up in stainless, but that is a very expensive option.

Tom
Tom & his Toy
aka Chairman Tom

johnt1

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 01:24:12 PM »
Thank you for your advice. I should have have said that it is a Pinto engine about 1985. We think it might be from a Sierra as it has a 5 speed gearbox. The car is based on the Cortina and I think it  is shorter. I am not sure if the Cortina system will fit even if shortened. I can't take it anywhere as it has no MOT.
Regards
John

Tom Burton

• Full Club Member
  • Breeder
  • such a nice man
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »
Is it totaly missing an exhaust? Otherwise just take the one that is on there off and take it to an exhaust place. (MOT - huh - how you take to MOT station, you drive it with out !!)
Tom & his Toy
aka Chairman Tom